Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Blog Journal 9


  • A flipped classroom "flips the way teachers and students make use of classroom time", making what usually happens in the classroom is recorded and is given to be watched as homework. Then, once the students come to class they work more on content and clarifying any questions they might have with the teacher. The book states that "the teacher's role change from 'sage on the stage' to 'guide on the side". Technology can be integrated into flipped classrooms in many ways such as using a website, blog or YouTube. Click this link to see educational videos that could be used in flipped classroom http://www.watchknowlearn.org
  • "Open Education encompasses resources, tools and practices that are free of legal, financial and technical barriers and can be fully used, shared and adapted in the digital environment." This allows educators to collaborate and edit resources that other teachers have already created for their own students. "Open content is material, such as documents, images and audio or video presentations, that may be freely and legally reproduced, edited, excerpted, expanded and republished." You can "retain" or use someone else work, "reuse" or use what someone else has created, "revise" it or makes changes to the work, "remix" it or mash up the content, or lastly, "redistribute" the work by sharing it with students and coworkers. "Open educational resources are learning materials that can be modified and enhanced because their creators have given others permission to do so. They can include materials like presentation slides, podcasts, syllabi, images, lesson plans, lecture videos, maps, worksheets, and even entire textbooks!" https://sparcopen.org/open-education/ http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/open-content https://opensource.com/resources/what-open-education
  • While working on Power Point assignments I have learned so many little things I had no idea I would ever need to do on PP! For example, I had no idea how to hyperlink another slide in a PP making it fun and easy to make cool educational games, making it non linear.  I also, learned how to record my voice along with the presentation. In my art PP I loved my different uses of different slide types and designs and I had a lot of fun with it! While making the science Jeopardy PP I did not enjoy having to hyperlink each category over and over again, but once I create a template for Jeopardy it will make it a much faster process!

No comments:

Post a Comment