Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Technology and Teacher Professional Development


  • Today in class I learned that teachers are mandated to have credits of professional development in order to renew their teaching certification. I googled some conventions for teachers to go to and I learned a lot about how they work and how much they cost! Although, teachers might have to take a day or two off of school, it will definitely be worth it when they come up with awesome new techniques to teach their students.
  • I learned about Edcamp from viewing the bookmarks of my classmates. The Edcamp foundation was created to build and support communities of empowered educators. It is so important for teachers to have a passion for what they are doing because if students can tell that the teacher doesn't want to be teaching, then they don't want to be learning. It is free participant driven sessions to keep it spontaneous and fun and to ensure that all kinds of teachers can attend and make their classroom a better place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment