- While exploring CPalms I chose to teach third grade, and the standard is LAFS.3.RI.2.5 (Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently). I chose an activity for students to identify and locate the parts of a book.
- I know that the source is reliable because CPalms is a well known website used by teachers, and that it is constantly being edited and checked.
- I think that this graphic is great for this assignment because it has each of the vocabulary words having to do with books, and a description of what is being asked of the students. It is essentially a scavenger hunt for parts of the book which is a great way to keep students having fun while learning.
- A great way to incorporate technology into this lesson is to have the graphic up on a SmartBoard and make sure that each student has a book at their desk. I would ask students to raise their hands if they think they know where the part of the book is, or know the answer to the question. When called on they will bring up their book, show where the part of the book is to the class, and write it up on the SmartBoard. Students love seeing and using SmartBoards so using them is a good way to get student involvement and make the activity fun.
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Resource Critique Activity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Such a great idea. Love how you explained how to incorporate technology into the lesson!
ReplyDeleteGetting kids involved is great it boosts their confidence and helps what they learn sink in.
ReplyDeleteI agree that this is a great way to keep kids engaged while also teaching them how to read carefully/ in depth to be able to understand and define the vocabulary words in the text.I also like how technology is incorporated so students can also gain confidence and skills in using tools such as the SmartBoard.
ReplyDelete