-Teachers are influenced to use technology in the classroom because technology is being implemented into schools, so they have to know how to use it and teach how to use it. Teachers can use technology for presenting lessons, preparing lessons, to communicate with students, parents and other teachers, and to teach students.
-Students are influenced to use technology because it helps them learn, helps reinforce what they already know, helps address diversity, foster critical thinking, creativity and communication and collaboration. Also, because technology has become such a huge part of our daily lives it is important that students learn how to use technology at a young age.
-ISTE Standards is a good way to keep teachers responsible for all they do and keep them on track. The standards for educators goal is to make sure teachers never forget their role. They are to keep learning everyday right along with their students, they are to lead more than just their classroom, they should make their students want to learn and participate in technology. Educators also take time to collaborate with fellow teachers and talk to their students about what works and what doesn't work. Teachers also must design their lesson plans to fit the needs of their students, to make sure they reach their full potential especially with technology.
-To me learning is something that is very meaningful. I believe that there are some teachers that think that simply because they are older and more educated means that they know more than their students. Teachers have SO much to learn from students even if they don't realize they are learning it.
-Something that feels out of my skill set is the analyst part of the ISTE standards, math has never been my strong subject so using data to drive my instruction seems complicated, but it is something that I would love to get the hang of and take advantage of in the future.
-I do not agree with the label "digital native" for todays youth. Yes, I agree that it does come easier to us because we grew up around all of the fancy technology, but someone or something had to teach us how to use it, making it impossible for us to be "native" to technology. However, yes I have seen the differences between how I use technology and how "digital immigrants" use technology. I have noticed that we the natives always have to help the immigrants out and teach them. I have also had technology teachers that know so so so so much more than me and have taught me so much about computers and design. I anticipate that instead of just the teacher using the technology like it was when I was in school, that students will have more access to computers or tablets and that instead of a pen and pencil they can use that to write on and learn on. I believe that technology will be equally used between students and teachers, and that students will be so engaged they won't be on their phones all class or distracted during class.
No comments:
Post a Comment