Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Blog Journal 7


  • Twitter has taught me way more than I ever would have imagined a few years ago when I created my personal account. By having Twitter as an educational resource I have been able to share what I have learned and what I am experiencing, it is good outlet for me to reflect on my opinions and findings as a future educator.  A benefit of Twitter is that I can see other peoples points of view on education technology. For example, Eric Sheninger former award winning principal of New Milford High School in New Jersey tweeted "5 elements to help ensure efficacy in digital learning and innovation". Clicking on the link he provided I was taken to a blog, similar to the ones me and my classmates have and read about his perspective on digital learning. I haven't had any issues with Twitter, I LOVE IT!
  • Working on the Web Page Design has opened my eyes to how much information I need to keep track of and how important it is that I clearly communicate with my students/ their parents via their class web page. I learned how to embed a calendar into my web page, which is something that could really save a lot of time as a teacher so I don't have to retype every single days events over and over. Also, having to choose a grade level really made me think about how differently I would make the web page if it was a first grade class, vs a twelfth grade class. Now that I have experience making one webpage, I know the short cuts and how to do everything so next time I will be faster and be able to design the page better. I look foward to being able to put the skills I used to create this assignment into a web page that I will use for my real class some day in the future. https://mrsrodriguez3rdgradeclass.weebly.com
  •  In Diigo I have learned a more efficient way of bookmarking. Without Diigo teachers computers would be filled with bookmarks with no meaning. With Diigo teachers have one place to look at all of the resources they have found and can categorize, highlight and share them with their peers. I have learned the skill of highlighting text in the website, and then making comments for my peers to view. One day in my own classroom, I can use it to share resources with my fellow teachers and team members so we stay on the same page with what we are teaching our students. I can also share resources with my students if they have a big project coming up and need some reliable websites. Lastly, Diigo can help me as a teacher be more organized and really be able to compare and contrast resources and have them all in one simple easy to use location.

No comments:

Post a Comment