Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Blog Post 2

-I have used Microsoft Word in so many ways starting in middle school, through high school and especially now in college,.  I have written countless essays, outlines, and even notes with MS Word. It is the ideal way to write, especially papers that need to be edited because you can edit documents over and over again without needing an eraser or having to start completely over like you would if you were writing on a piece of paper. I have also seen teachers use MS Word to create their syllabus', tests, assignments, attendance sheets.
-I learned a lot in high school about how to use other peoples materials as resources to prove my point in papers/essays. It is illegal to take credit for work that someone else has done. I want to help my students learn how to look at another persons work and use it to help them develop ideas, but turn it into something unique and completely their own.
-Three technology implementation issues are legal issues, social issues and ethical issues. To solve the legal issues such as copyright infringement and piracy, I plan to educate my students on the right ways and the wrong ways to use other peoples works. To solve social issues such as cyberbullying I will make sure that my students learn compassion and respect for other people. I will make sure that they realize that everyone is different and that is what makes us all beautiful. I plan to also teach my students that everything they put on the internet is permanent, and can haunt you forever. Lastly, to solve ethical technology implementation issues such as academic honesty, I will make sure my students understand that even though it might seem easier to Google the answers to their homework assignment that it will not help at all when they need to study and have no clue how to do any of it. The purpose of school is to teach children things they need to know to be successful in their future endeavors in live, no matter what they are. Cheaters never prosper and that is a very important lesson to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Great points! I like how you included a possible solution for three main areas. I encourage you to continue to think about how you would put into practice each of the three solutions you suggest; be specific.

    ReplyDelete